I recently set up a new SER6 and reviewed bloatware / spyware / malware prior to connecting to the internet. There were quite a few posts asking about spyware, and given it's competitive price point, I was also a bit suspicious. I usually do a malware review before connecting any new device to the internet.
What I reviewed
- running processes and their signatures
- startup apps (Task Manager formerly msconfig)
- Installed Services
- Windows Features Enabled
- Partition Table Review (for malware)
- Local user accounts
- Confirm installed hardware components and brands met specifications.
- BIOS & Windows 11 Secure Boot, TPM & Enhanced Hardware Security settings (see Questionable …